Tuesday 31 December 2013

It is safe to choose disposable tattoo tube

Long time ago i decided to go fully disposable, due to the nature of this shop and having many guest artists per year come through. To ensure that we maintain a completely sterile environment we cleaned up our autoclaves and put them in storage. We strive to maintain strict standards of cleanliness here at the shop and feel that the nature of disposable tattoo tubes help us in that.That being stated, it was personally a big change for myself. I had been tattooing for 4 years around then and it was almost exclusively with stainless steel tubes, usually one and a half to two inch grips due to my large hands. The battle to find a suitable replacement seemed endless. I tried about five different styles from all sorts of suppliers. I had finally settled on a company that I was fairly happy with but still had a few gripes . Mainly grips coming loose and the outer diameter of the back stem being to large for any machine not sporting a guillotine vice.We received disposable tattoo tubes from my friend the other day and I was excited to start  using them right away. I think my friend and company are on to something here, a disposable tube with a stainless steel tip? its the best of both worlds and in the grand scheme of things is well worth the cost.
I setup and started outlining right away and was brought back to last year when I was using stainless steel tubes. The feel of the needle riding against metal is truly supreme to metal against plastic. My machine was running quicker at lower voltages and did not warm up until about hour three of constant outlining . The needle fit perfectly in the steel tip and was very easy to see. I guess that would be another gripe with a bunch of tubes, I had a hard time seeing my needle in a bunch of them who seemed to have useless amounts of bulky plastic right at the tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment